23.6.05

a solitaire

It looks like my life is more and more like a solitaire. No, not like being alone, not like brilliant stone, I mean like a card game solitaire. Well, you have some control, you play it after all. You know all the tricks and what might be a good move. You can be really good at it. Nevertheless, you can not control how it is going to turn out at the end. You can be better and better but there is also luck. (Isn’t it strange how close are words luck and *uck?) It is also luck, for sure. Like in life.

I'm telling you: my life is a game of solitaire. In fact, it is even worse when you think you can control the whole situation. :)

1 Comments:

At 23.6.05, Blogger Bo said...

You meant yuck* is close to luck? Who would rime yuck to luck?

Although it has only a slight connection with your nice post, would I so much like to share with you my favorite paragraph in one of my favorite books, that being Catcher in the Rye.

Mr. Spencer: "Life is a game, boy. Life is a game that one plays according to the rules."
Holden: "Yes, sir. I know it is. I know it.
Game, my ass. Some game. If you get on the side where all the hot-shots are, then it’s a game, all right — I'll admit that. But if you get on the other side, where there aren't any hot-shots, then what’s a game about it? Nothing. No game."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home